WASHINGTON – Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control Chairman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Co-Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) announced a hearing on heroin and prescription drug abuse on Wednesday, May 14, at 2:30 p.m.
The hearing will explore prescription drug abuse and the role it plays in the increased use of heroin in the United States, as well as how the federal government can help reduce opioid abuse.
- Michael Botticelli, acting director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Dr. Nora Volkow, director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Dr. H. Westley Clark, director of the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Joseph Rannazzisi, deputy assistant administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration
- Dr. Andrew Kolodny, chief medical officer of Phoenix House, a nonprofit drug rehabilitation organization
Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control hearing, America’s Addiction to Opioids: Heroin and Prescription Drug Abuse
2:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 192
A live stream of the hearing will be available online at www.drugcaucus.senate.gov.